Welcome back to best bets w/ brob.
Record this week: 2-2
- San Francisco +13
- Hofstra -3
- Jazz -4.5
- BYU -4
Alright, so I am definitely avoiding the state of Utah tonight (sorry Steve).
- UNC -4.5 vs Virginia Tech
- UNC is a dangerous 14th seed in the ACC tournament. Cole Anthony of UNC is a top ten pick and the Tar heels have been playing way better than they were earlier in the season. I like UNC -4.5
- Hofstra -1.5 vs Northeastern
- Hofstra rolled for us last night, so we are going to go back to the well one more time. Hofstra beat Northeastern both times this season and has a record of 24-8 against the spread this season. Take Hofstra
- St Mary’s +9 vs Gonzaga
- St Mary’s is the defending champion of the WCC tournament and I like them to keep it close against Gonzaga. St Mary’s took out a very good BYU team last night and I think Gonzaga is already looking ahead to the NCAA tournament. Take St Mary’s plus the points.
- Grizzlies -2.5 vs Magic
- Memphis has been playing well as of late and has been successful thus far in holding off the Pelicans and Kings for the 8th seed in the west. Similarly, the Magic are holding onto the 8th seed in the east and have had the best offensive rating in the NBA in the last 11 games. I like Ja Morant and the Grizzlies to defend home court against a strangely hot Orlando team.
- Mavericks -3.5 @ Spurs
- The Spurs will not have Lamarcus Aldridge or Dejounte Murray for this matchup against the Mavs. I love the Mavs in this spot especially because of the way Kristaps Porzingis has been playing.